I have started this article so many times, with so many different ideas, and then got stuck. I got very frustrated and disappointed in myself. I finally realized I was trying to come up with something that would be impactful. It didn’t need to be impactful, just honest and from me. So here it goes: I am still new on this walk in my life, so it is okay; maybe someone else out there is in the same situation and just needs to know they are not alone. I am focusing on what I have learned and building on that, focusing on what I have gained/learned.
What have I gained and learned?
• I have learned our Heavenly Father and our Savior’s real names.
• I have a closer relationship with Yahweh and Yahshua by using their names. I pray and talk with them all day long (very satisfying).
• I feel they hear me more now, feel a very powerful connection that I did not have before, when I used G-d and Jes-s.
• I was raised in another faith. Most of my tough questions were answered with, “It is a mystery, you will understand at the end, after judgement.” YRM has taught me that the Bible answers my questions. They will direct me to appropriate verses and if I still have questions, they explain it to me. It is not a mystery unless you are learning man-made doctrine and being taught pagan beliefs. Ex: Predestination, the Trinity as well as pagan holidays like Xmas and Easter.
• I have gained a new family in the assembly, so enriching to study, congregate and talk with people of like-minded faith.
• I was using the Strong’s Concordance some, before YRM, but they encouraged and directed me to use it more. Again, the Bible has so much information and if you are encouraged and confident, it will have such a deeper meaning than ever before.
• With the confidence I am gaining, I am able to answer questions from family and friends. If I am not sure, I know it is okay to say, “Let me research that and get back to you,” and I do as Romans 15:14 tells us to.
• I am also learning to keep in mind the time period of when the Word was written, and the Hebrew mindset, as it is different from what and how we think now in modern times. Ex: The Bible mentions divorce and what context it is allowed in, Matt 19:8-9. Many people apply this to today’s way of thinking and say okay, if my spouse is unfaithful, I can get a divorce: not true. Back in that time, an engagement was a legal binding contract and during the engagement period if there was sexual immorality, then a divorce was allowed.
There is so much more to learn! I am eager to learn it as Philippians 4:13 tells me I can do all things through Messiah which strengthens me.
Yes, I have lost some family and friends, but that is okay as I have gained so much more. The Bible tells us in Luke 21:16-18 and Matthew 10:21-42 that family and friends will betray us.
Psalm 9:10 says “And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou Yahweh, has not forsaken them that see thee.” Proverbs 14:26 says “In the fear of Yahweh is strong confidence and his children shall have a place of refuge.” Blessing and Prayers to you on your journey and growth in Yahweh and Yahshua.
Submitted by Lynne Gerulski