Passover and Feast Schedule
We warmly invite you to this year’s Passover and Feast of Unleavened Bread in Holts Summit from the evening of March 31 – April 8. There are still plenty of tent and RV sites available. These observances promise to be a blessing for all in attendance. We have scheduled several worship services, Bible workshops, and activities, including volleyball, bingo, board games, open gym time, and much more. For those unable to be here in person for the Passover and Feast, we will be broadcasting live the below services from yrm.org/live:
- Sabbath Service: March 31, 1:30 pm
- Passover Memorial: March 31, 7:30 pm
- High Day Service: April 2, 1:30 pm
- Sabbath Service: April 7, 1:30 PM
- High Day Service: April 8, 1:30 PM
For additional information, including our Feast brochure, visit us online.
We ask that all members and visitors respect and follow YRM’s dress code, which is to ensure proper dress in the assembly, especially during times of worship.
- During times of worship:
- Dress shirts, collar shirt, and pants for men and boys.
- Dresses, skirts, or dress pants for women and young ladies.
- Ladies must have their heads covered (scarves or hats) and men must keep their heads uncovered, 1Corinthians 11:5-7.
- If you do not have dress attire for worship, please come in your best, as we are coming before the King of the Universe.
- During other times at YRM, please avoid immodest dress, including: low neckline, sleeveless, exposed back, skirt above the knees, exposed midriff, tight fitting, shorts, and see-through.
- We will treat one another with courtesy and kindness.
- We will endeavor to maintain an attitude of love in all our relationships.
- We will seek to keep confidences and will refrain from gossip.
- We will seek in all we do and say to strengthen character and dignify each other.
- We will remember that our personal conduct gives evidence of our sincerity and reflects upon the Ministry.
- We will walk in the humility of the Messiah and consider the needs of others.
- We will be vigilant in protecting our children and securing their safety and well-being at all times.
Guidelines for Congregational Unity
As per Matthew 18:15, should a conflict or difference arise between you and another person:
- Speak directly with that person in an attempt to work things out, if you are unable…
- The two of you should reach out to 2-3 members who can serve as witnesses and provide sound biblical guidance; if you are unable…
- The two of you should meet with an elder/pastor for resolution. Please do not skip steps 1 and 2 and go directly to step 3, as the Bible directs us to first attempt to resolve the issue without involving the leadership.
During the Feast of Unleavened Bread, Yahweh commands that no leavening be eaten or found on our premises, Exodus 12:19-20. Leavening is a substance used in doughs and batters that causes them to rise. Below are leavening agents and products found in a variety of foods that must be used up or removed by the Feast of Unleavened Bread along with a list of products often confused as leavening.
Leavening Agents and Products (please note that this is not an all encompassing list)
- Baker’s yeast
- Active dried yeast
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Cream of tartar (potassium bitartrate)
- Sourdough starter
- Ammonium carbonate
- Ammonium bicarbonate
- Potassium carbonate
- Potassium bicarbonate
- Dipotassium carbonate
- Preparation H
- Cat and dog foods with yeast
- Toothpastes with baking soda
The below agents and products are often confused as leavening, but are not.
- Puffed cereals
- Brewer’s yeast
- Yeast extract
- Autolyzed yeast extract
- Soda pop
- Egg whites
- Sodium caseinate
- Calcium carbonate
As the Bible states, all Scripture is profitable for instruction, including the New Testament. Knowing this, Paul in 1Corinthians 11:5-6 states that it is a dishonor for women to have their heads uncovered during times of prayer or worship: “But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven. For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.”
The word “covered” in verse 6 comes from the Greek katakalupto and means, “…to cover wholly, i.e. veil,” Strong’s. The Brown-Drive-Briggs states, “…to veil or cover oneself .” Clearly, katakalupto here refers to a physical covering or veil.
Adam Clarke’s Commentary concurs: “The only difference marked by the apostle was, the man had his head uncovered, because he was the representative of Christ; the woman had hers covered, because she was placed by the order of God in a state of subjection to the man, and because it was a custom, both among the Greeks and Romans, and among the Jews an express law, that no woman should be seen abroad without a veil. This was, and is, a common custom through all the east, and none but public prostitutes go without veils. And if a woman should appear in public without a veil, she would dishonour her head-her husband. And she must appear like to those women who had their hair shorn off as the punishment of whoredom, or adultery.” Note, YRM does not believe Paul requires that women be veiled at all times, but only during times of prayer and worship.
Some argue this position and state that Paul confirms in verse 15 that long hair represents this covering. The problem with this interpretation is that the word for “covering” in verse 15 is from an entirely different word. This word comes from the Greek peribolaion and refers to “something thrown around one, i.e. a mantle, veil,” Strong’s. Paul here is not referring to an artificial covering, but to the hair that also acts as a natural covering to enhance beauty, unlike the covering found in verse 5, which represents a physical covering. The one does not negate the other.
Please take a moment to complete this short survey. We appreciate your time and value your feedback.
Yahweh’s Restoration Ministry is raising funds to help with the current relief effort for Hurricane Harvey. Brethren from several assemblies, including from Reach for Yahweh International Ministries, Shalom Assembly of Yahweh, Assembly of Yahweh (7th Day), and Yahweh’s Restoration Ministry are currently assisting victims in the Houston area. We are in need of additional funding for supplies. Please consider donating to this important effort!